Tuesday, October 4, 2016

HAPPY CHEOSEOK !!

WEEK 71- MONDAY SEPTEMBER 19 2016

HELLO!~

The week we had a Mission Tour, an earthquake, Korean Thanksgiving Holiday, saw one of the biggest Buddha statues in Korea and ate more food than our bodies could handle. I would say it was a pretty great week!



My companions are the best!!





Burgers on Thanksgiving




Yummy!!

We had a Mission Tour with Elder Choi again. He came when I first came to Korea. It was even better the second time around. I wanted to share a few things that he talked about, and some things that stood out to me.
1. He talked about how us and missionaries need to know PMG (preach my gospel) really well. To study it everyday throughout our missions but not only on our missions, even after we return home. He called it.. PMG: preparation marriage guidance. haha. Everyone got a kick out of that. He told us that when we date we must study PMG together.

2. "You are much, much better than you think!!"

3. It doesn't matter our past experiences or mistakes. what matters is what you do now and if you want to change.

4. Be sensitive to the Holy Ghost, without it we can't change.

5. We all want to do more and be perfect. We came to earth to become perfect, so that means we are not perfect now.
I really like this part of his training. They talked to us all about what a "successful missionary" is. A successful missionary is the one who has great JOY. I think we often try to become perfect and that tends to lead to discouragement because we can't be perfect. But as long as we know that we are doing our best, Heavenly Father knows as well.

6. Every little things we do to become a little bit better, the atoment works. Our Savior pays the 95$ for the bike when we only have 5$..

7. "To reach a goal you have never before attained, you mus do things you have never before done." ~Elder Richard G. Scott.

8. It's okay to be nervous. That means we are humble. But sometimes satan will use our humbleness and make us think we can't do it. We must do our best and trust the lord. Then we dont give satan the chance to use our humbleness in his way.

9. Don't limit yourself, but never push yourself too hard.

10. Q&A time:


An Elder that was going home that week asked.. What is the most important thing you can take from your mission?
Elder Choi replied with the scripture in D&C 15:6


"And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be the most worth unto yo will be to declare repentance unto the people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my father. Amen."


I though that was a perfect way to answer that question. As I reflect on my mission and how preaching this gospel in Korea has been the happiest time of my life. And when I return home, I can continue to feel that happiest as I continue to help build of the Kingdom of God. I am so grateful for all that was taught at the Mission Tour. These meetings really give us that extra boost we need to continue on in the Work. I love this work and I am grateful for the time I have to be a missionary and learn and experience all that I have so far!


This week we also had Cheoseok.. which is the Korean thanksgiving. We ate soooo much food this week. We thought our stomachs were going to explode! And we were able to meet our investigator Sister YoonSoonDak. She has been an investigator for quite sometime now and she has many friends that our members. So all the members have been trying to get her baptized. We met her this week and she told us that she has been thinking about being baptized. But.... she is going on a trip to Europe next week and wont be back until the middle of October. haha. But she told me that she wants to be baptized before I go back to America. So we are praying really hard for her and hope that we will be able to teach her when she gets back from her trip and she will be able to recieve baptism the week my family will be here! I know that God has a plan for her and in the past she might have not been ready but God is preparing miracles these last few weeks that I have here.







Enjoying our p day.

I am so happy and love where I am. Its been so fun being in a trio. I love my companions so much. Its weird being such an old missionary and training a new missionary really makes me reflect on what I've done as a missionary during this past year and a half, how I was trained and how to help her to the best of my ability.
This gospel is real! I love you all and thank you for all your support and love!!


사랑해요!!~~


Sister Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment