Monday, October 10, 2016

"JOY" IS SO POWERFUL!!

WEEK 74- MONDAY OCTOBER 10 2016

HELLO!~
Happy Conference!! oh wait... you already watched it .. haha.
Let me just start this email out with a funny Conference story.. 

We went to church yesterday and the members all watched Conference in the chapel and the missionaries all watched it together in English on the second floor. While we were watching it there was a recent convert's son that has down syndrome and was walking in and out of the room we were watching Conference in. But because we were paying attention to Conference he was getting a little frusterated that we were paying as much attention to him. So he would get up and leave but then come back in and try again. Then finally he sits down towards the front by the tv and sits next to Elder Ellis. Then starts picking his nose sooo hard and dramatically, and cuz he was up at the front all of us could see, then the next thing we know he wipes in straight on Elder Ellis. Oh my it was the funniest thing, we all were trying so hard not to laugh. Then when Conference ended.. poor Elder Ellis looks at us, and says.. "that wasn't the first time i've had a booger wiped on me during Conference.." We all just died laughing.

Anyways, now that I got that out of the way, on to the spiritual parts of Conference.. haha.

What I noticed about this Conference was that there was a lot of the same topics throughout all the sessions. They were simple but very important topics like repentance, the plan of salvation, we are Gods children, serving others in building up the kingdom of God and lots more.
I especially loved the talk given by Elder Kazuhiko Yamashita in the Saturday Afternoon session. He talked a lot about missionary work and what it means to be ambitious for Christ. His words answered a lot of questions I had. One of them being, Is Heavenly Father proud of the work that I have done on my mission? From his talk I recieved the comforting feeling that Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ are very proud of Their missionaries. As long as we are being ambitious for the work and doing our best, they know our desires to serve, they understand all and are so proud of all that we are doing. I don't have much more time left, but this was a confirming feeling from my Heavenly Father that he is proud of me and all that I have experienced, accomplished and learned since serving a full-time mission. I am so grateful everyday for the opportunity to be a missionary in Korea. Serving Jesus is truly the best thing ever. 

Leadership Conference with Sister Madsen

Elders Ties are our beautiful bows.



Planning Christmas

JOY~
I also loved Elder Russell M. Nelson's talk on JOY.
"men are that they might have JOY." We are here on this earth and the life to come, to experience and obtain JOY! God has so much instore for us and wants to rain down blessings upon us. Even in the hard times we can find joy in everything.

SAINTS CAN BE HAPPY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

If I could put my mission into one word, I think it would best describe itself as JOY. I have never experienced so much joy in my entire life than in these past 17 months. Joy is so powerful and can change someones life. I know that this gospel has the joy that everyone is searching for. I am so grateful for the opportunity to share that joy everyday with the people I have been called to serve. I hope throughout my life, I can continue to share the joy of the gospel and recognize that everyday can be filled with JOY and gladness.

We are so blessed to be taught by our amazing Prophet and Apostles. This church is nothing but true and I am so lucky to have this opportunity to be a missionary. I want to treasure the time that I have left and make every "joyous" moment count! Love you all and thank you so much for all that you have done for me! Hope you all enjoyed Conference and remember what you learned and got out of those meetings and apply them to help you and others around you. Thank you for helping me everyday, I couldn't do this without you!

사랑해요!!

태너 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment