Monday, February 1, 2016

ARE WE IN KOREA OR TONGA??

WEEK 38- MONDAY FEBRUARY 1 2016

ALOHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🌸
MALO E LELEI!!!!!!
HELLO!!!
안녕하세요!!!!!!

We brought Polynesian flavor to Korea! The party was such a success!! The members loved it and we felt like celebrities all night because everyone kept taking pictures with us. haha It was so fun to be on the islands for a night. I never thought I would be Hula Dancing infront of the entire branch on my mission in Korea. Definitely a once in a life time opportunity. We were able to get a lot of less actives and investigators to come out and have a fun Luau. I am so grateful for all the help from the members and all the other missionaries. We could not have done this without everyone's help. 



I learned to Hula. Thanks to my island girls who were so patient with me.

Such a fun night with our members.

We danced.....

and danced....

with the district 

The Elders and our branch President doing a Haka.

Limbo with the elderly is fun!

IT was a complete success!!

So the party started and we had a lot of food. (what is a luau without food right?). Then we started the night off with an introduction dance, then a samoan dance, tongan dance, then I danced with Sister Pasetta. We did a Samoan Hula... but kind of looked like the CHICKEN DANCE:) then our branch president and some priesthood men and then elders all did the HAKA together. It was the funniest thing! After the HAKA we LIMBO'd!!!! That was the funnest thing ever. All of our cute Korean grandmas were limbo'ing but then came to church the next day saying that their backs hurt! haha. THen we ended off the night with the classic Hawaiian Hula. All four of us sisters danced the night away! It was such a fun night to show Korea a little bit of these amazing sister's culture. 


They amaze me more and more everyday. I am so grateful to be serving with them. They don't have much but they are here serving in Korea and giving it their whole heart! I love this gospel and I love being a missionary! I am learning so much about myself what I never knew I could do before. and what I need to work on to be a better person and to be more like Christ! I am extremely grateful for all of my experiences so far on my mission and can't wait to see what else is in store! Love you all so much and talk to you next week!!! 

사랑합니다!!
OFA ATU!!! (tongan)
ALOFA ATU!!! (samoan)
I LOVE YOU!!! ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment