Thursday, June 30, 2016

~~A HUMBLE HEART~~

WEEK 59- MONDAY JUNE 27 2016

Suncheon Bay

안녕하세요!!~~ 
I am not really sure how to put all my thoughts and feelings into an email right now but I will try my best. This week went by super fast. We had like 15 lessons this week with members, less-actives and investigators, so that I could get to know them and introduce myself. I really love this ward so much. All the members have been so loving and welcoming. It has made transferring a little bit easier. 


 On Wednesday we had a Farewell party for Shin's. Half the mission came together and we got to say goodbye to them and sing them a song. Its really weird to think that we will have a new mission president next week. It will be good to experience something new. In our zone we are the only set of sisters with like 12 elders hahah. It is quite fun. So when we walked into our zone meeting before the party all these elders were like ohhh Sister Tanner!! They were excited to have me in the zone. I haven't met some of them before but they all said they have heard that I am such an amazing missionary and way good at Korean.. haha I don't know where they are hearing this false information but transferring to new areas has never been easy for me. So when the Elders made me feel right at home it gave me a lot of peace and comfort, that this is where I am suppose to be right now. 



Last time with Sister Shin 

The Boys of Suncheon

My homies Elder Warren and Hiatt

 I have learned a lot this week. And I know that I will continue to learn and grow this transfer. My companion and I are doing better than last week so that is a good sign! I know that so many of our weaknesses are being shown to us during this transfer. My companion and I were talking on the bus yesterday and she told me that she has never had a companion like me before.. I am not really sure what that entirely meant at the time but she said that she is learning so much from me. I know that all my companions can't be exactly like me and we all have our differences but we both are suppose to be in this area together for a reason. I know that as we work together and love each other the work will go so much smoother. We already have seen so many miracles this week and continue to see them.



Happy Donuts at the Krispy Kreme

This Sunday we decided to fast for our investigators. There are 2 little girls that are a members friend in our ward that both have baptismal dates right now. But we have run into some problems with permission from their parents and they live in the country so getting them to church has been kind of a struggle. But we decided to leave it up to the lord and fast. Yesterday I really came to understand the importance of fasting. In our ward every 4th Sunday they have a huge meal after sacrament meeting.. and you know how much food is a temptation for me. haha So when I found out that they were having food and we were fasting my first thought was like "are you kidding me.. we couldn't have fasted next week?" haha. But when we sat by the piano with one of the elders that was also fasting with us, I really noticed how I wasn't hungry at all and that usually after I eat something I don't remember what I even ate the next day. SO what I am trying to say is that when we give up something that we temporally want at that moment and give ourselves to the Lord we see the blessings and Heavens doors are opened. That Sunday we were able to set another baptismal date with another members friend that came to church yesterday. They still are a little ways to actually get baptized because they are younger so they need permission from their parents. anyways.. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over us and he knows me and what I can do. 

Oh I just love the kids here.



Reminds me of someone at home:(

This week I studied a lot about Love, Charity and Humility. Yesterday in Church there was a common topic in all the meetings about Humility. And I knew that is what I needed to hear. As I humble myself and rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ there is no room for worries, doubts or sadness. This transfer isn't going to be easy but that is not why I am here just to have things easy. Our Savior Jesus Christ did not have it easy when he died for me. I am so grateful for the blessings and comfort that the Atonement gives us. I love you all and thank you so much for your prayers this last week. I felt them and couldn't do this without your love and support!! 

Such beauty in this Gospel

I hope you all have a great week and finish off June with a bang!!!~~ ㅎㅎ Talk to you next week!!!

사랑해요!!

태너 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment