Sunday, June 5, 2016

TEACHING BY THE HOLY SPIRIT IN.... KOREAN.

WEEK 56- MONDAY JUNE 6, 2016

Yes, I accept!!

Suncheon bay and the sunsets are stunning in the summer.


Summer has officially arrived.

HEEEEEEYYY~~~

This week went by really fast.. didn't even feel like it happened! Those weeks are the best because we stayed busy. This week was a really great week. We have found some more people to teach and in our district the Elders had a baptism!! It has been truly a miracle to see baptisms in these areas. 


The Elders baptism

We are continually trying to find people to teach. This transfer has been a little slow and not been easy but I have learned a lot in these past 4 weeks so far. The transfer is coming to and end in the next week and a half, and I am so grateful for the time I got to spend in Suncheon. The people here have changed my life and I will never forget them. 

Suncheon Bay National Gardens

This place is amazing!

Just sight seeing on my Pday


Tulips are in full bloom in Holland

I have big shoes to fill.

Love my life



Beautiful day with my Sister Park



What a year this has been!

Nothing super exciting happened this week, just lots of proselyting and trying to find people. This Sunday was fast Sunday and when I was listening to the members testimonies there was a common topic of "gratitude". I felt so much love in that meeting and I too felt gratitude. I am so grateful for all the many blessings and miracles that I have experienced so far on my mission. I will always remember what I have experienced here for the rest of my life. I am so grateful for the choice to serve a mission, I am so grateful for my family and their support and love, grateful for the area and members that I get to serve with, grateful for my companion and all that she teaches me, grateful for my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and their constant love for me even when I fall short. I found a scripture this morning during my personal study that I really loved.

2 Nephi 28:32
... "I will be merciful unto them, said the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts."

No matter how discouraged we might get, if we fall short, we can always repent and the Lord will be there with an arm outstretched to lift us up! It was a really special Fast Sunday and I felt the spirit very strongly. I also got the opportunity to teach the Gospel Principles class.. hahah more like the Elders forced me to do it! I really hate teaching classes in english... I didn't know how I was going to do it in Korean!! But during the sacrament I said a little prayer to comfort my nerves about teaching that class and a voice came to my head that said, "dont worry, you are prepared." I am so grateful for the spirit and I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers us. He doesn't want me to stress or worry, he knows exactly what I can and cannot do and he knew that I could teach a class in korean.. even if I didn't know myself. I know that confidence is a big thing that I am learning here. It is not an easy thing to put yourself out there in front of people to speak a language that you arent very comfortable in. But as I just have faith myself, God takes care of the rest! 

Such beautiful ladies


The hanbok is the traditional women dress. I love it!!

I love you all. I am always praying and fasting for you and hope you have a wonderful week!

사랑해요~~!! 


태너 자매

Sister Tanner

1 comment: