Monday, March 7, 2016

HIT & RUN

WEEK 43- MONDAY MARCH 7 2016


HELLO!!!! HAPPY PDAY!! This week was quite the week. I cant wait to tell you all about it.

I'm double tagged just in case you didn't know who I was and who I represent:)

Peace from the Sisters

Walking all over this city

We will start off with the funny story this week...
It was an elder in our districts birthday on tuesday, so us sisters wanted to buy him a cake and bring it to our district meeting. We went and bought one and we are always late to district meeting. haha so the elders call us and ask where we were. Then we all start running to the church and I am carrying the cake and as I am running... OUT OF NOWHERE... this boy comes from behind a car and we literally body slam and I go flying straight to the ground the cake is on the other side of the street and I can't remember where I am.. hahahaha. This poor korean boy then helps me stand up but has no clue what to say to me,so he grabs the cake and gives it to me then runs away!!! OH it was a disaster. I started crying so hard because I was thinking that we had to give this destroyed cake to this elder on his birthday and how it was ruined now. hahha. but partly of why I was crying was that I was laughing so hard because of course only something like this would happen to me. hahah.
anyways the meeting ends and we run and grab the cake, stick some candles in and bring it and start singing. I honestly could not stop laughing. The elders were dying.. they were like what happened to the cake!?!? DID YOU DROP IT?? yes.... Sister Tanner dropped the birthday cake. hahah let it be known... but we got a good laugh out of it and it was probably the most memorable mission birthday ever.


Yes!!! "Sister Tanner Dropped the cake:("

Sorry Elder!! It was intact for about 10 mins;)


Now on to my spiritual nugget of the week.. haha.. yes, I just said nugget.
This week our companionship was praying really hard to find new investigators and not just any new investigators but ones that have real potential of listening to our message. We found 3 new investigators this week. I know that God will answer our prayers if we humble ourselves and ask! 

Gimbap is so good!!

But this week we had a miracle! We recieved a call earlier this week from a lady that saw our ENGLISH advertisement. She said that her daughter was a high school student and she wanted her to learn english. after explaining who we are and what we do and our teaching program she then told me that she would call us back later. After hearing "I will call you back later" several times, you know that its a "you will never hear from me again" line. hahah but the miracle!!! she called back randomly one night and asked if we could meet her by our house. So we hurrying and finished dinner and ran to meet her. We were standing there waiting for this woman and then an entire family shows up. The dad, mom and daughter. They were the cutest most down to earth family I have met so far in korea. The mom doesnt wear alot of make up like all the other korean woman and she doesn't force this crazy strong education on her kids like the rest of the koreans. We were able to sit down and talk to the familiy for a little bit and tell them about missionaries and why we are here. We told them about our program that we teach english but we also share this message. and they were totally okay with it! ahh it was such a miracle. and it's a family too!! This gospel is all about families!! I have been praying so hard to know exactly how to teach them and to really help them come to know that this gospel is true. We will meet them almost everynight so its been a huge blessing to teach this family. We want to get members involved and to really fellowship this family into the Suncheon Branch. I have such a good feeling about this family and really believe that they all can come unto this gospel. Please pray for them and us that we will be directed by the spirit in order to know how to teach them! I love this work so much. It makes me so happy and just the blessings that we recieve from this gospel is unlimited! We have only met this family twice now and I already love them so much and desire nothing but their happiness and for them to recieve baptism and conversion unto this gospel. When we were teaching english we asked the mom the question, "What do you want to be in the future?" and she answered " I want to be happy everyday in the future." I know that through this gospel we have that blessing. Life is not easy but because we have the knowledge that we do we can find so much joy!!! I love this gospel with all my heart and the opportunity to share it with the people of Korea!! 

I have a special love for the kids here.

My Korean Grandpa sent some language CDs. 

You all are in my prayers everyday and I am so blessed to have you in my life. I was reading the May 2013 General Conference Liahona. There was a talk by Thomas S. Monson titled "Come, All Ye Sons of God." There was a quote in it that I wanted to share. He said, "I hope you appreciate the sacrifices which your parents so willingly make in order for you to serve. Their labors will sustain you, their faith encourage you, their prayers uphold you. A mission is a family affair. Though the expanse of continents or oceans may seperate, hearts are as one." 
I know that this is to be true. I love my family so much and so grateful for all that you have done for me!
I hope you have the best week ever!! 

Hearts from Korea!!


사랑해요!!!!!

태너 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment