Monday, August 3, 2015

SUMMER OF DEATH

WEEK 12- MONDAY AUGUST 3 2015

I am surprised I haven't dropped dead yet.. hahah. Summer here in Korea is killer. We just drip sweat from head to toe (TMI). 


Not so happy about this heat wave

This week was hard.. But it was a good week. We met with a bunch of different people. But as of right now we don't have very many progressing investigators.
We met with the sister that I gave the Book Of Mormon too and we teach her son English. When we went to visit her she said her son forgot about English class and he wasn't going to make it. But then she told us that she wanted to come to church on Sunday. SO that was such a good thing to hear.. but then when Sunday came around she called us right before it started and said something came up at work and wasn't going to be able to make it. It's okay!! There's always next week!!
The people here are the best. But it just makes me so frustrated that I can't communicate with them. I just look so shy and don't talk. I have been trying really hard to do all I can to learn this language. I just think that theres so much to learn I dont even know where to start. So I am just trying to show my love through actions and smiling all the time. haha. The Language of Smiling... I know how to do that at least!!
This transfer has been a great experience so far! I love my area and the wards that we are serving in. I just love KOREA!!! I cant wait until I feel more comfortable and not such a foreigner. 



In church yesterday we were talking to one of the members and he kept talking to me and I really couldn't understand much of what he was saying. But I understood that he was talking about me and that I was Korean. So my default answer that I know what to say is that I am half korean. But hes like NO NO NO YOU ARE ALL KOREAN. Haha I loved that. I am Korean. I am in KOREA and I am extremely blessed to be here. I can't thank God enough for sending me to this amazing place. I cant wait to see what the lord has in store for the rest of my mission. I know that this is the lords work and without His guidance and the spirit I could not do this.
Reminds me of Utah Sunsets

The power of prayer is real. I can't even keep track of the number of times I pray a day. It is so comforting to know that I am not alone even if I feel like it sometimes. That I can talk to my Heavenly Father at all times and in all places. 
We have been teaching this one Sister with mainly an English interest but we teach her a lot of the gospel as well. She has been having a difficult time really knowing if there is God and we have told her how to find out. It makes me so sad that people don't have the knowledge that we can talk to God. That is why we are here! To bring that knowledge to the people of Korea of how amazing the gift of prayer is.

Happy Sisters



Also this week on Sunday was Fast Sunday. The overall theme that I noticed of the day was families. That this gospel really blesses the family. With the knowledge of the plan of salvation, knowing that we can live with our families for eternity gives me so much comfort and happiness. When it comes to lights out and I start to think about my family or miss them I really lean on that knowledge. That my time here in Korea is short, that the people of Korea don't know that they will live with their families for eternity or see loved ones that passed away again. And I just want to share that with everyone so they can have that same comfort that it brings me in the hard times.




Comfort food:)

I am grateful for this opportunity. It already has changed my life is such a way I can't describe. Thank you for all the support and love. I hope everything and everyone is doing well. The language is coming more and more everyday. Still can't understand much but I WILL!!
Our Mission leader asked me to say the prayer this sunday at a Baptism... So yeah... Pray for me!! haha
I will talk to you next Pday!!! love you!!


XOXO
ํƒœ ๋„ˆ ์ž๋งค

No comments:

Post a Comment