Friday, June 26, 2015

PRAYING FOR SOME PATIENCE.

WEEK 6- THURSDAY JUNE 25 2015

GOOOODD AFTERNOON!!! wow what a day. Our Pday was a little crazy. We got up did our laundry, printed off some emails, got breakfast, and then got ready for the temple. The Provo temple is closing for cleaning. So today was our last time to go to the temple for 16 months!!!!!:( It was such a fun morning. Then we left the temple and the MTC is catering food so they had Burritos from Taco Bell... my stomach is in knots.. BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT. I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!!! haha and I am so sick of the MTC food. And then... They told us that they are having Costa Vida salads on saturday and Chick Fil A. IM IN FOOD HEAVEN NOW. I didn't know how much I was going to miss real food. I'm gonna get real fat this week dangit. haha. anyways. that was my morning so now we have about 4 hours until we have to be back in class!
Haha.... Sister Photo bomb

This week was a great week! It was kind of a hard week... but also a week that strengthened me. Okay so lets start from last Pday. Sister Markus and I taught our investigator and it was such a funny lesson.. There are just some days where I feel like I can speak decent Korean and understand pretty well. This day was not one of those days... haha. We were asking our investigator how he was and how is grandma was. Because he lives with his grandma. He began to tell us a story of how his grandma wakes him up in the morning but it honestly sounded like his grandma "beats" him in the morning. I could not stop laughing but I also did not know how to handle that situation or let alone know how to comfort him in Korean hahaaha. It was quite the lesson let me tell you that.


The District


 We are now the oldest District. That is crazy weird!!!! We leave in less than 3 weeks!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! We got 26 new korean speaking missionaries yesterday. That was fun. SO I guess one of the older districts left their korean name tags so the districts pass it down to someone to wear to pretend that they are a native to freak out all the new missionaries. 
.... sooo... that was Me. haha All day yesterday I pretended to be a native Korean from Seoul that was serving in Daejeon. It was so funny. My district would translate for me in English and everyone would just look at me so weird and kind of like I was from a different planet. Half the time I didnt know what to say to them so, I just stated the First Vision that I have memorized and acted like I was asking them questions. haha. They told some elders that I was a native and they were like  "well.. why the heck is she here then" haha. It was quite fun actually. But I couldnt play along for that long because you know that sister that is going to my mission from instagram. yeah so she emailed me randomly last week and asked for some advice before she came to the MTC and I was like shoot shes gonna recognize that I'm not a native. So she saw me yesterday and I had to totally act like I didnt even know her. It was the saddest thing. But then when we got to the residence I couldn't handle it anymore so I ran and gave her hug and apologized haha. But I guess all the sisters that have heard me pray they told me that I really do sound like a native. hahah probably cuz I've practiced the same prayer over and over so I can just say it really fast. I cant wait until I can speak this language. its going to be sooooo stinkin fun!!!!

We had a cool experience in class last week. Our teacher gave us the opportunity to go outside and just read and study our patriarchal blessings. It was such a spiritual experience to re read over and over my special personal blessing. and be reminded of all the blessings that have been promised unto me if I live my life in a way to be willing to receive them. My blessing has given me so much comfort since I have been here. I love reading it whenever I get the chance to. 
Trying to stay positive!!!

  Alrighty.. so why it was kind of a hard week for me. I recall it was Monday... Mondays are the worst. In Korean "Monday" sounds like WAR. its so true...
anyways. I don't know what it was but it was just not my day. Everything and everyone was just irritating me. And I was frustrated at myself for feeling that way. haha. So I was praying really hard all day to not have those feelings anymore. During my personal study I tried to focus on a Christlike Attribute that I need to be reminded of and study. so... I chose PATIENCE. I thought that was very fitting. It was one of the most memorable, strengthening personal studies that I have had here so far. The spirit really needed to testify to me and that was something I needed to study at that time to humble myself. I was thinking about myself and not necessarily about my purpose and other people. Because things were bothering me. It was distracting me from feeling the spirit. In Preach My Gospel it describes Patience perfectly, and how it is a Christlike Attribute.

Patience is the ability to do God's will and accept his timing. You need patience in your everyday experiences and relationships, especially with your companion. You must be patient with all people, yourself included, as you work to overcome faults and weaknesses. God knows exactly what I am feeling. Christ has gone through it for me. No matter how hard I think life is right now, I always turn to my Savior. HE Sacrificed his life for me. He took upon him my sins and HE had the patience endured to the end for ME.

 When we are patient the spirit comes easier to us. Our hearts are not hard and they are open to receiving promptings from the spirit. If I am constantly annoyed with my companion, we will not get anywhere. We will not be able to teach our investigator or be able to feel the spirit at all.
I learned that I need to GLORIFY THE LORD, AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT MYSELF. (Alma 26:37) 
God is mindful of every people. He knows how we are feeling in this moment. He knows what we are going to endure in this life and that we are strong enough to conquer our challenges that come our way, if we have patience and faith in the Will of the Lord. The Lord has a plan for all of us.

One Sister is not like the Others;)

 He has sent me here to accomplish mighty things here on the earth. He knows my weaknesses and strengths and will lift me up when I need help. I thank God in my prayers every single night for just giving the opportunity to be here. For giving me the opportunity to serve in Korea. OUT of the million trillion missions.. I was called to Korea. I still can't even believe it. I love the people of Korea so much already and I cant wait to get out there and serve them in just a few short couple of weeks. Sorry have to go!!! emergency move. talk to you later......
                 Sister Markus and I moving into the new building because of the bats

  Okay so I was deep into emailing you and these Sisters came down and said, hey did you hear the announcement? we were in the laundry room and couldn't hear anything and so they said we had to move AGAIN from our building that we moved into last week back to another building right next to the one we just moved out of!!! aahhhhh..... it was quite the experience!!!! we had to move out because of bats!!!!! I guess some sister woke up with a bat biting her leg.. not really sure though. so they moved out hundreds of sisters out of the residence into another set of buildings. it was crazy but, it was kind of cool because you would walk out of the building and just a line of Elders waiting there to help you take your stuff over to the next building. I got my work out in for the day. lugging my heavy bags and every one elses up 4 flights of stairs. haha. such a funny thing.
Thank you so much for the packages!!! I think I am good on candy... I still havent finished the rest from previous packages haha. The last day we are here we will probably just have to have a food sharing party.
Miss and Love you all so much!!!

TANNER ์ž๋งค์˜
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment