Thursday, June 11, 2015

MIRACLES IN THE MTC

WEEK 4- THURSDAY JUNE 11 2015

  Good Morning!!! P-day came way fast this week!!! That is such a great feeling!! This week is going by so fast. As of yesterday we have been here 4 Weeks!! That is crazy! Technically on MTC time this is our 5th week and we will be starting our 6th on Monday! The Oldest district is leaving next Tuesday and then we will be the oldest! That is so weird to think!!! 


My District. Drawn by my talented Companion Sister Markus

 I got an email from Sister Fiso!! So exciting! She sent pictures and it looks like she is absolutely loving it over in Korea!! Cant believe she is already there. 

 We hosted again yesterday. The MTC got around 600 new missionaries.. yeah. That is insane. All the graduating High School Boys are coming in. This summer will be really hectic!! 

  Okay I'm sorry I am really frantic and don't know what to write because there is just so much going on all the time. 

  So the choir director I guess hinted to the missionaries that by the time we all leave the MTC around July that there is a good chance that we could be hearing from the entire First Presidency!!!!! That is unreal. SO lets pray it happens! 


First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints


Quorum of the twelve apostles

 
This week was a really great week! We had our first fast Sunday here in the MTC!! I would be lying if I said it wasn't hard... haha By the time 5ish came around I thought I was going to pass out. But also I have never felt the spirit so strongly then I do on Sundays here. I decided that during those testimony meetings or even in class when we have to share our thoughts that when I get that deep pounding in my heart and I honestly cant breathe, that I WILL always stand up to bear my testimony. I've come to notice that every time I ignore that feeling that I always regret it after. The spirit is trying to tell me something, telling me that someone needs to hear what I have to say. Even if it's short or might not seem grand to me.
  During our fast and testimony meeting.. I got that feeling. so I hurried and ran up there and started speaking, what I thought was Korean haha Not really sure:)But it was really a great experience. I need to step out of my comfort zone and not be shy. Not be scared to talk to express my feelings and thoughts. Even if I mess up its okay. There is no judging here and I really just feel the love from everyone so it's okay if I mess up. We are all learning and growing and different paces and it is not worth it to compare myself to anyone else. Just to recognize my strengths and weaknesses and what I need to work on to improve and be better the next day. 

HAHA Elder Ulrich and Hiatt sleeping in class.


New District

  I am truly so grateful for all the love and support I have gotten. I know I say that every week. But it is true!!! I never want you to think that I'm ungrateful or taking advantage of all the things you have sent me. I cherish every last one of your letters and packages. I cry everytime I rip open my package to see what is inside. 

 I want to thank you beyond anything. For this most recent package. It truly was a mini miracle. When I opened that package and saw a wrapped gift for my companion my heart was filled with joy. I had to hurry and run to Sister Carters Residence before I could look at anything else. We got back to our residence and I hurried and grabbed my companions gift and had her open it. If I could reply the look on her face as she opened and saw a brand new pair of running shoes, I would. At that moment is when I truly felt a christlike love. I gave my companion a big hug and just cried. I want nothing else than her to be happy and comfortable here. That is what a mission really is...  Showing unconditional christlike love for everyone you come in contact with.

Breaking down barriers.... One pair of tennis shoes at a time.

  It has been really hard. and there are times where I get really frustrated and just want to scream. But everyone here is going through the same things I am. My Savior went through the same things FOR me. I can't wait to serve the people of Korea. 

MY Sistas!!

  No matter how hard the language is for me right now or how I can think a sentence in Korean fine, but as soon as I try to speak it, it comes out some completely different language. haha. I know it will come. And I truly can't wait until that day!! Miracles and tender mercies are happening every single day here. It is a great thing to reflect on the day and recognize the Lords hand in your life. He is watching over us every second of every day and wants nothing else than for us to be happy.

OH how I miss Mexican food:)

   I'm truly so happy!!! Happier than I have ever been. Happy when the days are hard, happy when I all I want to do is cry and be with my family, happy when I am starving and just want some Cafe Rio, happy when my companion is happy. This work is hard. But this work makes me happy. This is the Lords work and he knows and understands everything that I am capable of. Everything that he knows we can and cannot handle. He is aware of everything and all of our needs. We are here to learn and grow to be better disciples of our savior Jesus Christ. 
as the song says; " Because I have been given much I too must give."

I love my Savior, so I desire nothing else than to serve him! He has done so much for me and sacrificed his life for ME.


 In our devotional on tuesday we had the opportunity to hear from the general relief society president. Linda K. Burton: She talked a lot about discipleship. "Discipleship is a process of becoming" Little by little, day by day, we are growing closer to our Savior. We are becoming disciples in every action. With HIS help we can do all things.


 Oh side note... I got a calling. I am branch music director.. haha least musical person whatsoever so this is going to interesting!! hahah I am so excited!!! I get to choose the hymns we sing on Sundays and choose the special musical numbers.
3 Nephi 5:13

I love you all so very much!!! Thank you so so so much for the package you have no idea. I pray for you every day. I look forward to when I can talk to you. I probably left something out that I will remember later when I cant check my email. But if I remember I will write you a letter!! keep sending dear elders!!! I will try and write more letters.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breath, to think, to enjoy, to love" ~ Marcus Aurelius
(thank you mom)


xoxo
Tanner ์ž๋งค์˜

No comments:

Post a Comment