Saturday, August 6, 2016

CONTINUE IN PATIENCE.

WEEK 64- MONDAY AUGUST 1 2016

HELLO~~~ 

We are still alive over here!! It's been extremely hot but we are happy and love doing the Lord's work. This week there were a lot of up's and down's but I have been studying patience a lot and focusing and relying on God's will.


I wanted to share a quick quote that my companion shared with me this morning.

"If we don't experience personal storms and drought, our roots never have the chance to become strong. Ironically, smooth sailing is its own test- and a difficult one. The absence of problems can soften us if we aren't careful. We may not watch ourselves, and our thoughts, and our words, and our deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith (mosiah 4:30) without a trial that bends our knees and works on our hearts."


Final farewell Baptism Elder Johnson

This past transfer in Cheonan, to be completely honest, has been one of the hardest times of my mission. But I have come to be so grateful for every single challenge that I have faced. I know that through our challenges and hard times we become closer to our Heavenly Father more than ever before. When we rely on prayer and take each "bump in the road" with a positive outlook on life, I know that in the end everything will be okay. It might be hard now but as we continue with patience and endure we are promised so many blessings in the end. 

Elder Johnsons Family 

I love his family.

The Cheonan Branch Celebrating Elder Johnson

As I was studying the concept of 'patience'.. I know for a fact that patience will be something that I will continue to learn throughout my entire life. It's not the easiest attribute to obtain... hah.
I was reading the 2010 General Conference talks and there was a talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf titled "Continue in Patience".


"Patience- the ability to put our desires on hold for a time- is a precious and rare virtue. We want what we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant and, at times bitter. Nevertheless, without patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect."


We are here on this earth to continually progress and grow. We can become like our heavenly father but without patience we don't have that opportunity. I am CONTINUALLY learning the attribute of patience. As I have served my mission, the hardest times were when I was being selfish and only thinking of myself. That is when I was inpatient with others or myself. Patience is not simply enduring, but it is enduring WELL. I am so grateful for my trials and all that I have experienced so far on my mission. I know that every moment was made for me in someway or another. This mission has changed my life.


There are a lot of things in store these next upcoming transfers. My companion is going home at the end of this transfer, we both become Sister Training Leader. I know that this calling was made for our companionship, in order for us to be strengthened and grow, to help the other sisters of this mission. I love you all so much and thank you for all your support and love. 



Music concert

"GOD DID NOT SEND US HERE TO FAIL, HE SENT US HERE TO SUCCEED GLORIOUSLY"


사랑해요!!!~~


태너 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment