Sunday, January 3, 2016

MADE IT THROUGH MY 1ST TRANSFER!(and only cried a little bit) Haha!!

WEEK 34 MONDAY JANUARY 4 2015

I Love Suncheon.


Suncheon is near the bay.


안녕하세요!!!! Well this was a really long week!!! But we made it!! Thank you so much for all your prayers. I could really feel them. I received a lot of peace and strength through this new transfer! 

So it started off packing all week after we got the transfer calls. Then we had a lot of dinners and lunches with members and investigators to say goodbye to them:( It was the hardest thing saying goodbye to my first area! I didn't imagine it being that hard!! But we had the elders baptism on Wednesday! And the cool part is that as a mission we were trying to achieve a goal of 200 baptisms for the year of 2015. And as of the week before we had 199!! And when we went to go visit a member the week before, she had a less active member and her son come over too for dinner with us. The less active's son has been taking the missionary lessons but didn't want to get baptized yet until 2016.. SO out of nowhere at this dinner, his mom asked him if he would want to be the 200th baptism of 2015 and he said YES! hahah so we had a very spontaneous baptism on Wednesday and that is where I was able to say goodbye to a lot of the members! I really am going to miss them!! 


These people have changed my life!


saying goodbye to my ward in Yeousung:(

Transfer Day!!! We went to the mission home for the transfer meeting and I met another sister that I was travelling with. Then we got lunch with Sister Kim and her new companion, then headed off to our new area! It was an hour and a half bus ride to a bus terminal where I met Sister Teekiu, then another hour to our area! We traveled all day!! But we finally arrived!

MY New companion here in Suncheon. Sister Teekiu From Tonga

My roomies are Samoan and Tongan.

How blessed I am!

We have a lot of work to do here!

The next day we met some Less Actives and they showed me the area a little bit. Its a really fun area. The people are nice and they really compliment our Korean all the time! My companion is honestly an Angel. She wants to do missionary work but I think the Language and how she was trained has been holding her back! So I am excited to be with her this transfer and to really help her become the missionary that she wants to become! I am grateful for this opportunity. Before I was really nervous and quite scared to be taking on this responsibility, but because of this I know I will learn more than I have before. I know that I should never be afraid, the Lord knows exactly what we are feeling and he knows what we are capable of! I just need to have faith that I can do it! I know I won't be able to do it alone, but I know I am not alone! 

Finn and Jake gives me so much joy even in Korea!

sailing away to my new adventure in Suncheon

Haha!! Love that monkey!

Sorry I have so much to tell and write but no time at all!! And when I get on the computer I just forget everything!! ahah
But just know that everything is going well! Its going to take sometime to kick into gear and get used to things! But we are learning as we go! Thank you for your prayers and support!!! Double the prayers are coming your way from KOREA!!! love you all!!!

사랑해요!!!

태너 자매

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhh! That was my last area. :) Loved it. I remember a sister So in the ward who used to invite us over and feed us tons of curry.

    ReplyDelete