Monday, November 9, 2015

HAPPY BUTTERFLY....

WEEK 26- MONDAY NOVEMBER 9 2015

안녕하세요 ❤
This week was a great week! We picked up 2 new investigators and the work is picking up again. It's interesting how you can have a really good couple weeks of the transfer and then a new transfer starts and then you have nothing at all and then give it another week or two and everything seems to just be falling into place. We are at that stage of everything seeming to fall into place... but.. the transfer ends in a week... haha. So thats fun! 


HOME is where the heart is.

Anyways.. You might be wondering why I titled the email "Happy Butterfly" ^^.. Well one of the new investigators that we picked up this week is an English interest for her 8 year old daughter. She is the cutest little girl ever. She loves to speak English too. So when we were teaching her she wanted to sing a song. So we taught her the "Happy Llama" song. Then she said she wanted to make up her own song. Which was "Happy Butterfly". She then went to go find some paper and a pencil then set it down in front of me and said "you are the foreigner, you write" hahahah it was the funniest thing. So I listened to the little girl and wrote down her song.. 


Butterfly song

She the perfect butterfly girl!

​Another funny experience was last night. We were proselyting around our area and I said, "Hi" to a lady that was walking in the other direction than we were going and she stop and was like "아이고 예쁘다.. (ohhhhhh pretty)" and then I said thank you and then we began to walk away because it was raining. Then we crossed the street and began to walk back towards our apartment. Then I said, "HI" to someone and it was the same lady!! She was walking with her mom and then all of a sudden she grabs my face and was like,  "mom look at her, its the girl I was talking about!!" hahah so it's just me and my companion on the side of the road in the rain with these two ladies stroking my face telling me I am so pretty. It was hilarious. So we used that to our advantage and told them who are and what we do. They weren't really interested. hahaha but really a small "hello" can open many doors!

Our cute investigators from our ward.

Since hearing of my Moms illness this past week, I have prayed for her so much and last week really worried me. So I fasted on Thursday for her and my companion wanted to do it with me. And we told the Elders in our district that we were fasting so we couldn't eat with them and a member and they said oh we want to fast for your mom as well. It honestly was the sweetest thing ever. Everyone was so supportive. Then the Elders I guess told our mission leader and he called us and told him that he put her name on the mission prayer list so the whole ward is praying for her health and the nasty rash to go away. It was such a tender mercy to see how the ward that I am serving in is so supportive and shows so much love towards me and my family whom they have never met before! :)
We pray everyday for you mama!



It's been really rainy the past couple of days and so I thought of the quote that mom sent me in the MTC...

"How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain."  Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I am extremely grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary. I have learned so much in these past 5 months and I am looking forward for the 1 year that I have left to preach the Gospel in Korea! Thank you for all your support and love! Sorry that my emails are not the best! I just get really stressed out with no time and then forget everything that happened during the week! haha its quite a problem. But can't wait to skype for Christmas!! It's coming so fast~!!! Love you all!! 
사랑해요!!!
태너 자매


No comments:

Post a Comment