Sunday, September 18, 2016

"I AM HERE"

WEEK 69-  MONDAY SEPTEMBER 5 2016


HELLO!!~~ how are you? Im fine thank you and you?


That is the only English Korean's remember from school.. haha So when we talk to people on the street that is the extent of our conversations in English. it's really fun being a foreigner!^^


Farewell to my sweet Sister Beck


fun times!!

Anyways.. Can you believe its already SEPTEMBER?!?! Time really needs to just slow down a little bit. I can't believe this transfer is already almost over. This week was really weird to be honest, having a companion go home is really weird. It made me realize how fast our missions are going and that I will too be going home soon. This week we met a lot of members so that Sister Beck could say goodbye. We had a fun last District Meeting all together and the Cheonan Ward put a music concert on for her before she went home. It was really a great experience to serve with Sister Beck. I learned a lot from her and we had a lot of fun times together. I can't believe she has finished her mission and Is going back home already.


I am officially one of the oldest sisters in the mission.. isn't that crazy? I still feel like a Greenie.. but who knows I could be getting a Greenie next transfer. Transfers are coming up this week and we all are very curious to see what happens. I am on a split with other sisters in another area because I am companion-less right now. I had to travel alone this morning to meet the other sisters. That was a really scary experience.. haha being alone for the first time in a year and 3 months.. But I am alive and I will be in Cheonju for 3 days and then we will see where I will go and who my new companion will be tomorrow when we get transfer calls! 

Photo booth


I am so grateful for these past transfers and the opportunity I had to serve as Sister Training Leader. It was such a learning experience for me and I know that God qualifies whom he calls. I am far from being a perfect missionary. I have so many weaknesses but I have learned that no matter how many weaknesses we really think we have, those are gifts given to us from God. We can grow and learn from them and become the person that God knows that we can be. Even in the hardest of times on my mission, I have felt the closest to my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. The other day I had a life changing, testimony building experience. Because these past 2 transfers have been really hard and I felt like I was just beat physically, mentally and spiritually. So I just fell to my knees in my closet and said a prayer. I will remember this experience forever.. I have never felt like this before. I started praying and immediately the words "I AM HERE" came to my mind. I started crying and I felt like Heavenly Father had just encircled me in His arms and was holding me in the biggest warm hug. That prayer has given me the strength to keep going. I know that God is there no matter what to listen to us. He wants to hear everything. But it is up to us to humble ourselves and get on our knees and ask for help and guidance. I love this gospel and all the joy it brings to my life. And It makes me even happier that I get to share this joy with the people of Korea!

I wanted to share a scripture that has given me a lot of comfort lately. For anybody that is having a hard time or just feeling like they can't take anymore, this scripture has changed my life.
In Doctrine and Covenants 122:7~9
7: And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.


8: The Son of Man hath descended below them all, Art thou greater than he?


9: Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are sent, they cannot pass. Thy days are knows and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.

He is there. Heavenly Father loves us so much and our trials and hard times are given to us for a reason. We are here to grow and progress to become like HIM. I love you all and thank you for all that you have done for me as I have been on my mission. Have a great week and know that you have prayers here in Korea for you!

사랑해요!!!


태너 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment