Sunday, July 10, 2016

~MISSION POSSIBLE~

WEEK 61- MONDAY JULY 11 2016

HELLO!!~~
I am going to try my hardest to put all my thoughts about this week into an email. This week was a really great week and I learned a lot and felt Heavenly Fathers love very strongly this week. 

President and Sister Madsen and the Northern Missionaries

Don't mind the blur. Just elder Hiatt.

Oh man, This Elder will never smile.

This week we met our New Mission President!! It was sooo much fun to meet him and his wife. There is just a new feeling to the mission.. there are going to be a lot of changes and I am a little bummed that I don't get more time with him but I am grateful for the time that I do have to end my mission with them. So this week we went to Daejeon and I got to see Sister Kim, Sister Gordon and Elder Warren and Elder Hiatt again. It could be the last time I see them before we all go home so it was a special reunion. Then when we got back to Cheonan and got to the bus terminal and it was raining SO hard so we hurry and ran into a gas station to wait out the rain. There was a boy working there and my companion was on the phone so I started talking to him and he was very interested in missionaries because he said he has seen the Elders before but didn't really know what we were doing here. So I started telling him why were are here in Korea and what missionaries do. He said he has been attending a church with his family since he was born and so he has really strong faith and was really curious about our church. Then he pointed to the Book of Mormon that I was carrying and he asked what it was and so I began to explain it and I gave him a copy. He grabbed the book and held it to his chest and said "I can really have this?" It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. This experience really strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know without a doubt that anyone that just reads the Book of Mormon with a desire to understand it they can be converted. This book is nothing but true and it can change lives. When I saw the look on that boys face when he accepted the Book of Mormon that was God confirming to me that this is a precious book. 

The other day we were talking to the Elders and our entire district just seems exhausted and so we were trying to cheer each other up and we asked the Elder what was wrong and one of the Elders says.. I don't I just feel like I need to repent." At first when I heard him say that I was super surprised but then I thought for a second and was like... oh wait yeah so do I. haha. Sometimes when I think of Repentance I think of it having to be connected to some big Sin or problem. But yesterday at church I learned that I doesn't always have to be. We have been given the gift of repentance because we are not perfect people. We fall and make mistakes but yesterday I had a special experience during sacrament meeting. I came to really understand the importance of the sacrament and what it means to me. I am so grateful for the opportunity once a week to remember the covenants we made at baptism, and to have that clean feeling again. I think it's impossible for me to be sad or upset during the sacrament. Because I partook of the sacrament I have that fresh start each week. Because we are not perfect, we all need a fresh start every once in a while. 

I love Sundays and I love the Cheonan ward. They are so loving to me and I am truly blessed to be here. Yesterday during gospel principles class our Missionary leader taught. He is an amazing teacher and truly teaches by the spirit. He was teaching about Jesus Christ's life and mission. Then he asked a recent convert what her mission was.. and she answered back.. "Mission Impossible". Everyone laughed but then came back to the point of his question. We at times might think that this earthly mission might be "impossible" sometimes. But with patience and effort we can make this MISSION POSSIBLE. That through prayer we know that we are not on this mission alone. We have a constant companionship and a heavenly father that loves us and is watching over us. I have seen God's hand in my life constant amount of times and I know that we can make this MISSION IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE!!

For my favorite Bro at home. 


Such a lovely night


Love you all and thank you so much for your prayers and support. I felt them a lot this week and I know that I don't have much time left, neither does my companion. So we don't want to waist anytime or worry about the little things that don't matter in the long run. I love this gospel so much and so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission.


사랑해요!!~~


태너 자매


No comments:

Post a Comment