Monday, December 7, 2015

THE GREEN GLOVES, BREAKING THE WORD OF WISDOM and GETTING MARRIED...

WEEK 30- MONDAY DECEMBER 7 2015


안녕하세요 ❤❤❤
I hope you all had a fun filled week!! My week was quite interesting.. hahah. From the title you might be wondering what I am talking about! Well let me tell ya...

So I bought these bright green gloves from like the dollar store here because my other gloves had a hole in the finger. I thought they were pretty cute so I bought them but then as I started wearing them I kind of feel like the GRINCH.. hahah a little self conscious of my green gloves. Then as we were on the streets yesterday, the Elders call us and say they can see us from the other side of the street because of Sister Tanner's Green Gloves hahah. As we were walking we were talking to this cute Grandpa and he recognized that I was foreign and so he tries to speak English to me.. He says.. "HELLOOO" and then I proceeded to speak English back to him, he yells back.. "HELLOO" It was the funniest. Then I look down at his hands and he has the same green gloves as me so we exchanged this look and High Fived each other!^^ No words needed we were already best friends. haha THANK YOU GREEN GLOVES.


Yesterday we visited an investigator that has met with missionaries for a while now. She always likes to use her cute tea set and give us cheesecake. So yesterday she was like " ahhh its the fast sunday isn't it, you can't have my tea ㅠㅠ" But we had broken our fast and she was so excited to give us some food. So we start talking and then she all of a sudden grabs the cup out of my hand and says "THATS BLACK TEA!! I FORGOT YOU CAN'T HAVE THE CAFFEINE!! OH NO NO NO I AM SO SORRY!" HAHAHAH the funny part was that we didn't even realize it was black tea, and when we did my companion looks at the tea again and takes another sip!!! hahah.... i looked at her and was like what are you doing?!??! hahah she was like ahhh Tanner 자매님, I now know why its part of the word of wisdom.. its addictive!! hahahhahahahah oh man what an experience that was!

As we were walking home from that visit we said Hi to a lady on the street outside of our apartment and she was like "oh who are you? are you students?" and we introduced ourselves and what we are doing here in korea. and then she asked where we were from.. etc. I told her I was from America then all of a sudden she grabs me, linking arms, she starts running with me... telling me I am going to be her DAUGHTER IN LAW!!!.... I look back as my companion is running after me trying to tell her that she can't take me with her. I SURE DO LOVE KOREA!!! 

the sweetest companion there ever was.

This week was quite the adventure! Everyday being a missionary is so precious. I try to cherish every moment while being here! This week was also quite stressful and I needed to learn somethings for myself. We had interviews with our mission President and we were suppose to role play a principle in korean to him. He told me that I have been here on my mission for 6 months now so lets see how you do with the language. I was so stressed out that all language just left my mind.. and he told me that I am Half Korean I have the extra pressure on me. That got me thinking... ehh... not thinking... STRESSING. But I soon learned that is not my purpose. I can't worry about if I am not learning that language fast enough.. I am on the Lord's time and if I am doing all I can, the Lord sees my efforts. We finally got the English General Conference talks so I have been reading over those lately and here are some words that really helped me through this week...

"God sent you here to prepare for a future greater than anything you can imagine. That future, a day at a time, comes alive when you do more than exist; it comes alive when you live your life to fill the measure of your creation. This invites the Lord into your life, and you begin to let His will become yours."

"Don't give up... Don't you quit. You keep walking. Keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead... It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."

"Because you are His child. He knows who you can become. He knows your fears and your dreams. He relishes your potential. He waits for you to come to Him in prayer. Because you are His child, you not only need Him, but he also needs you."

"In the work of salvation, there is no room for comparison, criticism, or condemnation. It is not about age, experience, or public acclaim. This sacred work is about developing a broken heart, a contrite spirit, and a willingness to used our divine gifts and unique talents to do the Lord's work in His way. It is having the humility to fall on our knees and say, "O my Father... not as I will, but as thou will." (Matthew 26:39)

I love that last one. "The Lord will qualify those whom He calls." Being on a mission so many of my weakness have been brought to first plate.^^ But through our weaknesses I know that we can be made strong. Without failure or a little bump in the road we won't appreciate our progress or how far we came because of the hard times! I am so grateful for this gospel and the plain/simple but precious truths it brings! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY AND I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!


Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Much love from Korea!!!
xoxox


태너 자매 ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment