Monday, October 5, 2015

MAN... I LOVE THAT BOOK!

WEEK 21- MONDAY OCTOBER 5 2015


안녕하세요!!!
Okay first things first.. I am staying in my area for another transfer!! Wahoo!!! Ah transfer calls really stress me out! I cant believe I am going into my 3rd transfer already!! I have almost been out on the mission for 6 months. Time really does fly by! 


Rainy days.......

Korean wall art.

You look familiar?

 


Haha.. Look, Someone painted me:)

Transfer 2:
This transfer was a great transfer. My companion and I spent a lot of the transfer finding people to teach. We have loved all the people that we have gotten to know and we are looking forward to another transfer together. I know we will continue to see miracles as we work hard and trust in the lord. One of the people that we have met a couple times now is 이채원. She has met with missionaries in the past. She is mostly just an English interest but really loves our church and the missionaries. Whenever she meets new Sister missionaries she always says its like meeting more "Angels". She is the sweetest lady and we really love meeting and teaching her. We just don't know if she just wants English teaching and just loves having our company. But we know that this church is a good church. We met with her this week when we were on a split with the traveling AP sister. We were bearing our testimonies and I felt the spirit so strongly. I began to cry when I was explaining why this gospel meant so much to me. That I would come all the way to Korea, leave my family for a year and a half to walk miles every day, talk to strangers and have them ignore me, constant rejection, have a schedule of what to do at every moment. A lot of people wonder why we do this! Why 20 year old kids are wanting to go on missions. I know I want to be here because this gospel makes me happy. This gospel has blessed my family and I in so many different ways that I just want everyone here to be able to experience the same blessings. I know that as I was bearing my testimony to her, the spirit was working through me. She started to cry and the spirit felt so strongly. I am grateful for experiences like these because that is what we are suppose to do.. work through the spirit. There is no other way that our investigators or anyone can know that this church is true, without the spirit testifying to them and them knowing for themselves.


Noodle soup with my favorite gal!!

Happiness in a cup:)

Another thing I learned this week was during my personal study I was reading the Book of Mormon, man, I love that book. It always answers questions that I have or when I am going through a more difficult time, the words written inside always know how to calm me down and I know that it is God speaking to me directly. The scriptures are such a great source to find peace and answers. I was reading in
D&C 64:33  Wherefore, be not weary in well doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
34:   Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in the last days.

I then wanted to study it deeper so I looked at the footnote for "requireth the heart" I was lead to
Mormon 9:27
"... doubt not, but be believing." It requires our whole heart to be believing and to have faith in Jesus Christ and God's plan.
I then looked at the footnote for "a willing mind" and went to
D&C 97:8  verily I say unto you, all among them who know their hearts are hones, and are broken and their spirits contrite, and are willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice- yea, every sacrifice which I, the Lord, shall command -they are accepted of me.
If we are humble and teachable with an open heart and willing mind we will be accepted of the lord. What does it truly mean to be "accepted of the Lord"? I wanted to know more of what that meant so in the footnote it lead me to..
Moses 5:23  If though doest well, thou shall be accepted. And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door, and Satan desireth to have thee; and except thou shalt hearken unto my commandments, I will deliver thee up, and it shall be unto thee according to his desire. And thou shalt rule over him.

After this scavenger hunt through the scriptures the ending point that I found was that we CANT LET SATAN WIN!! He wants us to fail he wants us give up. But we cant let him win! If we do all we can to follow our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ we will rule over him!
(sorry it was a lot of scripture references, It was just a good scripture study that I wanted to share it with you all!) 

I love my District.

In last General Conference in the talk called "Latter-day Saints Keep on Trying" by Elder Dale G. Renlund. He said- "A saint is a sinner who keeps on trying". We are constantly on the roller coaster ride called "LIFE" and we go up and down up and down and we find that sometimes we are mostly down. But through this gospel and our families we can get back to the top. I am grateful for my family and the amazing support that I have had throughout my life and my mission so far. I am not perfect and I fail and I fall down, but with the promise through the scriptures we shall rule over Satan and the unworthy feelings that we feel from Satan! We can't let Satan win!! I love you all so much! Thank you for writing me and helping me stay strong!


Lots of love from Korea!!!
xoxo
Sister Tanner❤

No comments:

Post a Comment