Saturday, July 11, 2015

THE FIRST VISION IS POWERFUL.

WEEK 8/9 - THURSDAY JULY 9 2015

I honestly do not even know where to begin.. This week was an emotional Roller Coaster ride. And I know that is the feeling I am going to have throughout my mission.
This week was one of the best weeks here in the MTC and I love that because its our last week here. ITS OUR LAST WEEK IN AMERICA. That is really freaking me out. haha. 


Sister Cooper and I joyous jumping.

So lets start from last Pday. our last pday we had the opportunity to clean the Provo temple. How cool is that!? We got to clean the crystal chandeliers. It was the coolest experience. They only clean them twice a year and so we took each chandelier apart and cleaned each individual crystal piece. It was insane. Then the temple workers took all of us Sisters to the brides room and we all had a little moment..... haha. It was so fun!


Sneakers and Skirts- hottest new style

FRIDAY. oh my goodness!  So we had Skype TRC. Where we got to teach real members from Korea over Skype. We were Skyping a man that was from Seoul but I think was currently living in Daegu. It was the coolest thing ever. He was the nicest man and he had his son in the skype with him and we were talking to his whole family and they were asking us all these questions. And the man pulled out his phone and was showing us all these pictures he had taken, like of his Kimchi he had for his breakfast, or pictures of all his kids, pictures of Seoul, ah it was amazing. After he showed pictures of his family I remembered I had a picture of my family. I lifted it up to the screen and we started talking about my family and he asked if my Mom was Korean and then I told him about my Mom and Pak Jae Am. Then I pulled out the pictures that Mom sent me of her Uncle and his eyes got all wide and said "I know him!!" My heart sank. It was the coolest experience. It got me oh so excited for Korea. I have such a love for all the Korean people already. I just cant wait to get out there and talk to them. Even if I cant understand them!! The language of Christlike love is what matters most. I have come to learn that I really need to have patience with myself and this language. I swear this whole week, I dont know if I'm just faking myself out that it was our last week.. I have felt like I have lost everything I have learned with this language. Like teaching our investigators it was just mushy formulated sentences that didn't make any sense. But I know that I just need to work really really diligently and love the people that I serve. If I can do that the language will come. The lord will bless me with the knowledge to retain this language. 

My Mothers Uncle Pak, Jae Am and his family
This photo is about 30 yrs old. He passed away 
in July 1988 at the age of 57.

4th of JULY!!!!!!! Probably the funnest day here in the MTC. My district and I had the funnest day. We honestly have never laughed so hard then when we are together. I love it. The MTC had a 4th of July devotional and a flag parade. My companion was chosen to carry the Dutch flag because she is from the Netherlands and so me being her companion had the privilege of carrying it down with her. We were the first pair to come down the stairs in front of the 1800 missionaries. It was a really cool experience to see all the flags of where people were from and where they were serving all around the world. It amazes me to see how far the Church has come. To see how world wide it is, and how much it has blessed the lives of so many people. In the devotional the speaker talked a lot about ancestors. That we are standing on the shoulders of our ancestors. That because of their decisions and sacrifices, we are here today sitting in this MTC. After we were able to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks from the parking lot. It was the funnest thing ever. Some Sisters in our Branch had some Glow Sticks and everyone stuck them in my hair to hold a bun together. My hair looked like a big firework itself. I will try to get some pictures sent!!


4th of JULY celebration out in the parking lot watching the  Stadium of Fire fireworks (best MTC holiday)



My favorite girls: Sister Cooper & Johns







  SUNDAY: Fast Sunday... WOW. Didn't think it'd be so hard. haha but I have come to really grow a testimony of fasting. It really helps me focus on my Savior and the more important things in life when you are sacrificing your meals. But by the end of the day I get a little shaky haha, other than that we are ALLL GOOD:) But no, Sunday was amazing. I've told you that there hasn't been a bad Sunday here. It's impossible. So this Sunday was Fast and Testimony meeting. Last testimony meeting we made it a goal to be able to stand up there and bear our testimonies in Korean. It was so scary but even if my two lines I could say in Korean were that I know the church is true and that Christ is my Savior, than that is what matters. I know that to be true. This Sundays meeting was really special. We Sisters were sitting together talking... like oh do you think you will get up?... blah blah and I was like oh I don't know I bore my testimony last time. But the meeting was coming to a close and the next thing I knew I was standing up there bearing my testimony and just crying. haha I got up there and spoke mostly English but the thing was that I had thought and kind of prepared a testimony in Korean before all week and when I got up there I didn't say one thing that I had planned on saying. The spirit directed my in a completely different way and it was amazing. I got up and shared the quote I shared in my farewell talk by Lucy Mack Smith. I felt so impelled to shared that with our branch. I felt the spirit so strongly in that meeting, and after it was over all these people came up to me and wanted that quote and said that it made them cry. LISTEN TO THE PROMPTINGS OF THE SPIRIT. You honestly might never know why you had that feeling or you might know after the fact. But never doubt the feeling of the spirit. It is our constant comfort and guidance through this life. 


My farewell quote by Lucy Mack Smith.

AHHH this week was just full of experiences. We had the chance to read Joseph Smith History the other day in class. It was really interesting because I don't think I've really had the chance to ponder the story of Joseph Smith. I have a testimony of Joseph Smith and I know that He translated the Book of Mormon, but I guess that I haven't really pondered the thought to know exactly for myself. And so I had the chance to... We have had the opportunity as a class to memorize the first vision in our mission language. We stand up at the beginning of each class and say it together. After studying, praying, and pondering the story of Joseph smith.. the next day we stood up and did our regular routine. But this time as we were reciting the First Vision I had such a testifying feeling that this is true. That Joseph Smith was telling the truth. He saw God and the Son. And was called of God to be a prophet. The First Vision is powerful. Testifying of the truthfulness of Joseph Smith can set up how everything else just falls into place in this gospel. Because Joseph Smith is a true Prophet than the Book of Mormon must be true!!! Its so great!!!!


Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove. 

Alright.. the last experience that I will share this week. There is just so much to share! 
Sister Markus and I were studying during our companionship study and we starting talking. I could kind of tell she wasn't really paying attention and was having a hard time staying focused. We started on this long conversation about leaving and our experience here in the MTC. She was talking to me about some weaknesses she thought she had and noticed since being on a mission. I told her about the scripture in Ether 12:27. Its so true though. Since being on a mission every single one of your weaknesses are made so prominent to you and often it makes times very discouraging. I honestly just felt like I was talking and talking and right now I can hardly remember what I even said to her but after she told me that I was such a good 'counselor' and good listener. It was really sweet of her. I reflected and realized what just happened. I love talking to people. I love getting to know people. I love hearing peoples life stories and being able to talk to them about it. to be able to relate and give them hope and comfort...
THAT IS WHY I AM A MISSIONARY!


I have grown to love this girl so much!

I love you all and I can't believe that I am already leaving for KOREA!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh. 


I will get to call you when we are in the airport!! I cant wait for that day!!! you can hear my terrible korean!!! haha. It's gonna be great. but sad. ahhhh so many emotions.
 



Cute Nigerian couple who taught our class.
               The Elders












last temple picture with everyone:(



Some of my favorite quotes from this week:

"There is no physical pain, no spiritual wound, no anguish of soul or heartache, no infirmity or weakness you or I ever confront in mortality that the savior did not experience first. In a moment of weakness we may cry out, 'no one knows what it is like. no one understands.' But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for he has felt and borne our individual burdens."
- Elder David A. Bednar


"The gospel is a fountain of knowledge that never runs dry. There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday, in every meeting, and in every verse of scripture."


"If you aren't doing anything scary than you aren't growing"



"There's no comfort in the growing zone, There's no growth in the comfort zone."


LOVE YOU!!!!! xoxoxooxoox
Talk to you on Monday!!!!! Be available!!! around 7ish... I think?? maybe 8? not positive!!
Next Email will be from Korea!!!!
Can you believe it?!


No comments:

Post a Comment